BANDAI NAMCO AMUSEMENT INC.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated: June 17, 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR WEBSITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS OR OTHER ONLINE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE OUR WEBSITES, MOBILE APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER ONLINE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
These Terms of Service (this "Agreement") are a contract between you and BANDAI NAMCO Amusement Inc. ("BNAM", "us", "we" or "our") and apply solely to your access to, and use of, any website, mobile applications, Software (as defined in Section 6 below) and other products and services (collectively, the "Services") of BNAM. This Agreement does not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with BNAM for products, services, or otherwise.
Where you download any application from a third party digital distribution platform such as Apple iTunes or Google Play, the terms of such platform regarding the checkout process apply in addition to this Agreement and, to the extent they govern the technical process of completing purchases and downloads, prevail in the event of any conflict.
Additional terms (including, but not limited to, posted fees, billing procedures, and promotion rules) may apply to particular functionalities and features that are part of the Services. Unless otherwise indicated, any additional applicable terms are incorporated by reference into this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any additional terms, the additional terms shall govern.
ONLY USERS WHO ARE 14 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER MAY USE OR REGISTER FOR THE SERVICES. The Services are not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 14. If you are between the ages of 14 and under the age of 18, you may use the Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by this Agreement and any applicable additional terms. The Services are for personal use only. Organizations, companies, or businesses may not use the Services for any purpose. You may not use the Services if you have previously been suspended or removed from the Services. Certain Services may not be available in all jurisdictions, and we reserve the right to impose additional eligibility requirements. When you access the Services, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with all local laws, rules, and regulations that may apply.
3. USER ACCOUNT
Before using the Services, you may be required to create an account ("User Account"). You may not have more than one User Account at any given time. You may be asked to choose a username (which will be displayed within the Services) and a password for your User Account. BNAM reserves the right to remove or reclaim a username if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner lodges an appropriate complaint or if the username breaches any applicable law or regulation). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and agree that you will: (a) not register for a User Account on behalf of an individual or impersonate another individual, unless you are a parent or legal guardian registering on behalf of a person between the ages of 14 and 18 as provided in Section 1; (b) not use the User Account, username, or password of another user at any time, unless you are a person between the ages of 14 and 18 and are using the User Account of your parent or legal guardian with permission; (c) not disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account; (d) notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your User Account or unauthorized access to your password; and (e) not enter your personal information (such as your name and email address) in the fields of username and password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your User Account. BNAM reserves the right to cancel any User Account, refuse registration, refuse service, or cancel orders for any reason allowed by law.
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. Either party may terminate use of the Services with or without cause at any time with reasonable prior notice. You may terminate this Agreement by deleting all Software from your device. If you have a BANDAI NAMCO ID account, you may also terminate your account by submitting a termination form available at https://www.bandainamcoid.com/portal/resign. BNAM shall not be liable to user or any third party for termination of your use of the Services. Upon termination of this Agreement (a) your right to use the Services shall cease immediately; and (b) you will not be entitled to a refund of any unused fees, if any, except for Purchased Game Currency refunded as required by applicable law. Sections 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20-28, and any other term that, by its nature should survive, shall survive termination of this Agreement.
BNAM reserves the right to change or modify this Agreement at any time and for any reason at BNAM’s sole discretion. If BNAM makes changes to this Agreement, we will provide notice of such changes, such as by providing notice through the Services, or by updating the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Agreement. Your continued use of the Services will confirm your acceptance of the revised Agreement. We encourage you to review the Agreement whenever you access the Services to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Services. If you do not agree to any amended Agreement, you must stop using the Services.
6. SOFTWARE LICENSE AND LIMITATIONS.
- The preceding states the entirety of your rights with respect to the Software, and we reserve all rights in and to the Software not expressly granted to you in this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not do, or authorize or permit any third party to do, any of the following: (i) distribute, copy, license, rent, or sell the Software (except as expressly permitted by this license or the Usage Rules); (ii) use the Software for any purpose other than your own personal, noncommercial use; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or attempt to discover the source code for the Software; (iv) modify, alter, or create any derivative works of the Software; (v) remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on or in the Software; (vi) use the Software for purposes for which it is not designed; or (vii) use the Software on any Device that you do not own or control.
- The Software is the valuable property of BNAM and its licensors, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. We and our licensors own all right, title, and interest in and to the Software, including all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Software.
7. LIMITED LICENSE.
You are granted a limited, nonsublicensable, nontransferrable, nonexclusive license to access and use the non-Software Services ("Non-Software Services") and Services Materials (as defined below) for the term of the Agreement in your country of residence; however, such license is subject to this Agreement and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Non-Software Services or Services Materials, including providing links to other websites for commercial purposes, whether such websites may or may not be competitive to BNAM; (b) the distribution, public performance, or public display of any Services Materials; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Non-Software Services and the Services Materials, or any portion thereof; (d) use of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Non-Software Services or Services Materials, except as expressly permitted on the Non-Software Services; or (f) any use of the Non-Software Services or the Services Materials other than for their intended purposes. Any use of the Non-Software Services or the Services Materials other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws, including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement will be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. This license does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title, or interest in or to the Non-Software Services or Services Materials and is revocable at any time.
8. USE OF THE SERVICES.
Without limiting Section 6, you agree that you will access and use the Services only as permitted by this Agreement and allowed by applicable local, state, national, and foreign laws and regulations. Specifically, you agree not to do, attempt to do, or cause another to do any of the following in connection with the Services:
- transmit or otherwise make available any software or other materials that is harmful, disruptive, or invasive, including any viruses, malware, time bombs, adware, worms, or any other unauthorized programming;
- flood or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of the Services;
- scan, test, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with any security or authentication features of the Services;
- access portions of the Services that you are not authorized to access;
- access or collect information from the Services through any automated means, whether through robots, spiders, web crawlers, scripts, or otherwise;
- misrepresent or disguise your age, identity, origin, or connection to any person or entity;
- collect, store, trace, or otherwise seek information about other users, including their names, email addresses, and URLs;
- transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotions, political campaigning, or other unsolicited or unauthorized communications;
- enter, disclose or disseminate any personal information about anyone (including you) unless the Services (e.g., those connected to social networking service) require you to enter such personal information;
- use or exploit any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Services, to gain an unfair advantage over other players, or to otherwise cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Services; or
- do anything that interferes with the ability of other users to enjoy the Services in accordance with its rules, or otherwise engage in any other activity that may expose BNAM or any third parties to harm or liability of any type.
Unless through the intentional fault or gross negligence of BNAM, BNAM is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any users, whether or not such conduct relates to the access or use of the Services. BNAM may suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time if you violate the terms of this Section 8 or any other terms and conditions of this Agreement.
9. MOBILE SERVICES.
By accessing and using the Services using a Device, or by using certain mobile features of Services, such as playing games, or otherwise engaging with the Services, you may incur fees from your mobile carrier. You are solely responsible for the payment of such fees.
10. IN-GAME CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL ITEMS.
- BNAM may offer you the ability to: (a) purchase a limited license to use in-game currency specific to certain Software ("Purchased Game Currency"); (b) earn a limited license to use in-game currency by performing specified tasks in certain Software ("Earned Currency" together with the Purchased Game Currency, "Game Currency"); and/or (c) earn a limited license, and/or purchase a limited license with Game Currency, to virtual goods and services made available by BNAM specifically in certain Software (collectively, "Virtual Items"). If BNAM offers the ability to purchase or earn such licenses, BNAM hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited right and license to use Game Currency and Virtual Items, as applicable, for your personal, non-commercial use exclusively in the Software, subject to the terms of this Agreement and your compliance therewith.
- Game Currency may only be redeemed for Virtual Items for use in the Software and neither Game Currency and Virtual Items are redeemable for money or monetary value from BNAM or any other person or entity, except as otherwise required by applicable law. Game Currency and Virtual Items do not have an equivalent value in real currency and do not act as a substitute for real currency. Neither BNAM nor any other person or entity has any obligation to exchange Game Currency or Virtual Items for anything of value, including, but not limited to, real currency. You acknowledge and agree that BNAM may engage in actions that may impact the in-game attributes or perceived value of Game Currency and/or Virtual Items at any time, except as prohibited by applicable law. BNAM, in its sole discretion, may impose limits on the amount of Game Currency that may be purchased, earned, or redeemed.
- All purchases of Purchased Game Currency are final and are not refundable, transferable, or exchangeable under any circumstances, except as otherwise agreed herein. Except for the purchase price of Purchased Game Currency and certain Virtual Items, BNAM does not charge any fees for the access, use, or non-use of Game Currency or Virtual Items.
- You may not transfer, sell, gift, exchange, trade, lease, sublicense, or rent Game Currency or Virtual Items except in the Software and as expressly permitted by BNAM. Except as otherwise agreed herein, BNAM reserves and retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Game Currency and Virtual Items.
- The licenses granted hereunder to Game Currency and Virtual Items will terminate upon termination of this Agreement in accordance with Section 4 and as otherwise provided herein.
Unless otherwise indicated, all content (other than User Content, as defined below) and other materials on the Services or available through the Services, including, without limitation, the BNAM logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, Software, sound files, Game Currency, Virtual Items, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the "Services Materials") are the proprietary property of BNAM, its sponsors or licensors and are protected by U.S. and foreign copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Services, including without limitation any Game Currency and Virtual Items.
BNAM logos and any other product or service name or slogan from the Services are trademarks of BNAM and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing "BNAM" or any other name, trademark, or product or service name of BNAM. In addition, the look and feel of the Services (including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts) is the service mark, trademark, or trade dress of BNAM and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, and logos mentioned in the Services are the property of their respective owners. Our reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
13. USER CONTENT.
BNAM may (for example in response to a claim from a copyright owner) review any content, communication, information, intellectual property, material, messages, photos, graphics, videos, URLs, and other items or content (collectively, "User Content") that is uploaded, published, stored, or displayed on the Services (hereinafter, "posted") provided that in the case of User Content shared as a part of any private message within the Services, BNAM will not screen or review such content unless at least one party to the communication grants its consent, e.g. by reporting the message to BNAM as objectionable. BNAM reserves the right to delete or refuse to take online any User Content. Although BNAM does not regularly screen, edit, or monitor any of the User Content posted on the Services, BNAM reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen, or edit any User Content posted on the Services if BNAM determines in its reasonable discretion that such User Content violates this Agreement and/or any third party right, applicable law, rule, or regulation. You are solely responsible for any User Content that you post or transmit to any users or third parties and for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post on the Services at your sole cost and expense. You will not post or transmit any User Content that is prohibited on the Services, i.e. that, as determined by BNAM at our discretion:
- is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, offensive, obscene, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, lewd, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or fraudulent; promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; or is otherwise objectionable;
- would constitute, encourage, or provide instruction for a criminal offense (including making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses); violate the rights of any party; or otherwise create liability under or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," commercial advertisements, any type of commercial solicitation, unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity;
- describes, references, or otherwise communicates violent, dangerous, illegal, or criminal acts;
- promotes an illegal and/or unauthorized ("pirated") copy of another person’s copyrighted work (whether marked as such, or not), such as, but not limited to, providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent copy-protection mechanisms, or providing pirated music, video or other pirated content, or links to such pirated music, video files, or files that contain such other pirated content;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind and in any form;
- provides material that exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner, solicits personal information from anyone, or is harmful to anyone in any way;
- solicits passwords or personal information of any kind for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- contains personal information relating to you or another individual or any other information that poses or creates a privacy risk for you or another individual;
- engages in commercial activities or commercial sales, including, without limitation, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes;
- constitutes, promotes, or is used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, stolen products and items used for theft, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks or securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes or non-transferable items;
- may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party; or
- otherwise violates the terms of this Agreement or creates liability for BNAM.
Unless through the intentional fault or gross negligence of BNAM, BNAM does not take responsibility for or assume liability for any User Content posted by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage, nor is BNAM liable for any user conduct or any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. If you become aware of User Content that violates this Agreement (with the exception of copyright infringement, which is addressed below), you may report it by contacting BNAM through this link https://bnfaq.channel.or.jp/contact/faq_list/1936. However, the absence of enforcement of this Agreement in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce this Agreement in other instances. In addition, this Agreement does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation or promise that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by this Agreement. BNAM reserves the right (but is not obligated) to investigate and to take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending User Content from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators.
14. LICENSE TO USER CONTENT.
By posting any User Content, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the extent permitted by applicable local law, to BNAM a sublicensable, transferable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license for the whole duration of the applicable legal protection of intellectual rights to represent, reproduce and adapt on all digital formats, distribute, publicly display and perform (including by means of a digital audio transmission), and otherwise use User Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
We do not accept proposals for product ideas, other ideas, plans, notes, drawings, or original or creative materials from customers or users. Please understand that, even in the event that we receive such proposals, we will not bear any obligation or responsibility for said proposals. However, in the event you submit questions, comments, suggestions, proposals for product ideas, other ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials, or other information about BNAM or our Services ("Submissions"), whether submitted through the Services or otherwise, such Submissions are non-confidential as between you and BNAM and shall become the sole property of BNAM. BNAM shall own, and you hereby assign to BNAM, all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights (except for those rights which assignment is forbidden by applicable law), in and to such Submissions, and BNAM shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
16. REPEAT INFRINGER POLICY.
BNAM has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at BNAM’s sole discretion, users who are deemed repeat infringers. At its sole discretion, BNAM also may limit access to the Services or terminate the User Accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
17. COPYRIGHT POLICY.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent of a copyright owner and believe that anything on the Services infringes upon any copyright that you own or control, you may submit a notification of such infringement with our designated Copyright Agent as set forth below:
BANDAI NAMCO Amusement Inc.
Attn: Copyright Agent
Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8310
You can help expedite the processing of your notification by providing the information and declarations set out in 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3). Compliance with this statute is not a prerequisite for infringement notification unless you are located in the United States. You should note that if you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that the material or activity is infringing, you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing.
18. THIRD PARTY CONTENT.
Content from any users, advertisers, and other third parties may be made available to you through the Services. Because we do not control third party content, you agree that unless due to intentional fault or gross negligence of BNAM, we are not responsible for any third party content, make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in third party content; and assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful third party content. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by BNAM.
19. ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS; THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND PROMOTIONS.
BNAM may display advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Services or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party products or services on the Services. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and such third party. BNAM is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of third-party information on the Services.
20. MODIFICATION OF THE SERVICES.
BNAM reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or any features or portions thereof with prior reasonable notice and, in case of emergency or if absolutely necessary, without prior notice. You agree that BNAM will not be liable for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services or any part thereof.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF INTERNET IS NOT RISK-FREE. WHILE BNAM ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES SAFE, BNAM CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, AND DEFECTS. ACCORDINGLY, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, DEFECTS AND ERRORS, AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. BNAM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SERVICES AND THE PERFORMANCE OR SUITABILITY FOR YOUR INTENDED USE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied terms nor the exclusion or limitation of warranties in contracts with consumers, so some or all of the disclaimers in this section may not apply to you.
22. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY.
EXCEPT FOR (1) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, (2) FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, (3) INTENT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE, (3) LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF TANGIBLE PERSONAL PROPERTY CAUSED BY THE USE OF THE SERVICES, AND (5) ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL BNAM OR THE BNAM PARTIES (as defined below) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES. IN THE EVENT OF SLIGHT NEGLIGENCE, OR BREACH OF BNAM’S ESSENTIAL OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, BNAM’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT AND FORESEEABLE DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF BNAM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR TO THESE TERMS, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR, IF HIGHER, THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO BNAM FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
You will indemnify and hold harmless BNAM, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, and other partners and suppliers (collectively, "BNAM Parties") from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement, arising from a breach of this Agreement, or arising from any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, except to the extent that you are not responsible for such breach, i.e. your acts or omission were not intentional or negligent.
24. GOVERNING LAW.
Any dispute between the parties arising from or relating to this Agreement will be governed by this Agreement and the laws of Japan, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction.
Any dispute between the parties arising from or relating to this Agreement shall be decided by the Tokyo District Court, and you and BNAM agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of that court.
26. U.S. EXPORT CONTROLS; LEGAL COMPLIANCE.
The Software is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be exported or re-exported (a) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including U.S. export control laws, in the use of the Software. If you are a resident of a country other than the U.S., you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including applicable U.S. and applicable local export control laws, in the use of the Software.
27. THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES.
Except as set forth in this section below, a person or entity who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no rights under any law to enforce any terms of this Agreement, regardless of whether such person or entity has been identified by name. Nothing in this section shall affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferee of this Agreement. With respect to the Software installed and used on your iOS Devices, you acknowledge and agree that Apple, Inc. ("Apple") and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement and further that (a) upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third-party; (b) this Agreement is conducted between you and BNAM only, and not Apple; (c) BNAM, and not Apple, is solely responsible for the Software and the content thereof; (d) Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Software; (e) to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation with respect to the Software; and BNAM, and not Apple, will be responsible for any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the Software to conform to any applicable warranty; (f) in the event of any third party claim that the Software or your possession and use of that Software infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, Apple will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim; and (g) Apple will not be responsible for addressing any of your claims or any third party claims relating to the Software or your possession and/or use of the Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and BNAM regarding the use of the Services. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect, except if such provision deprives the Agreement from its essential obligations. Except as set forth in Section 27, no party will be deemed as a third-party beneficiary to this Agreement and a third party (including users other than you) who is not a party to this Agreement has no right to enforce any term of this Agreement. You may not assign this Agreement or any of its rights under this Agreement without the prior written consent of BNAM, and any attempted assignment without such consent shall be void. Subject to the foregoing restriction, this Agreement will be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by us and our respective successors and assigns. The failure of BNAM to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. To contact BNAM, please follow the process described on our support page located at https://bnfaq.channel.or.jp/contact/faq_list/1936.